Sunday, December 27, 2009

Damn good xmas

So, christmas has come and gone once again. This was an especially good year I think, since we didn't make the trip home last year and the whole family being in different towns now it made it that much better to all get together. I also got some great snowboarding in and some good one on one time with Alex up at Whitewater.
Me, Alex, Will and Charlie up top of backside gettin ready to drop in on some epic pow runs. I cant believe how untracked the hill was and how little line ups there were, it was unreal. I don't know if the recession killed the tourism or what but I liked it just fine.


Look how empty that hill looks!
This video is just of us playin around in the powder. Unfortunately the free video editing software I used put that writing on the final video. Damn garbage, I can't wait for my new computer to be ready.

Xmas pow shreddin from Corby Martin on Vimeo.



And the actual christmas activities were great I spent a bunch of time acting as jungle gym for my niece Aevery and just hangin with family. Speaking of my niece, I actually have two and this was my first time meeting them. I have not been a great uncle so far but I think I will change that. I had three amazing dinners as well, my mom's roast was perfect, my dad's lamb and Vietnamese pho was terrific and Leanne's classic turkey dinner was....classic. So back to the diet now to get rid of a few pounds I picked up.

Crazy face Trish and Aevery.
My mom got Aevery a princess ballerina outfit and we got here the bling to match.

Me, Trish, Mom, and Tako at Leannes house.
My sis Kelsey with Aevery
My brother in law Nolan with his new baby Emily.
My bro in a period correct helmet custom made for my Moms good friend Peter.

1 comment:

  1. Damn Good Christmas!! So glad you had such fun snowboarding with Alex, and it was awesome to have a great dinner visit with you all. Thanks for posting your pix & video.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete